This is one of my favorite dressings. It’s creamy, rich and lemony, along with the salty tang of anchovy paste and Parmesan cheese.
I know, a traditional Caesar dressing contains raw egg, but I prefer to avoid the potential risk for salmonella, which could be a concern. Instead, I substitute a high quality mayonnaise.
Some store bought versions are way too thick, and very salty. Try making your own, and see the difference!
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon anchovy paste
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- Freshly squeezed lemon juice, (approx. 1 lemon)
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise, preferably made from avocado oil
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
Add the first 5 ingredients to a measuring cup and whisk to combine. Add enough lemon juice to reach 1/3 cup. Add mayonnaise, cheese and pepper, then slowly add olive oil while whisking until you reach 1 cup. Transfer to a sealed container. It will stay fresh in the refrigerator for 2-3 weeks.
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count:
No votes so far! Be the first to rate this post.