If you’re looking for a quick, healthy and delicious breakfast option, these overnight oats are perfect.
The most difficult part is remembering to soak the oats overnight. You just need equal amounts of raw whole oats and nut or soy milk. Pour the milk over the oats, stir and refrigerate.
The next morning, take the oats out of the refrigerator. You will see that they absorbed most of the milk and are soft and ready to eat. Gather your toppings: fruit, raw nuts, ground golden flaxseed, granulated Stevia sweetener, cinnamon and nutmeg.
Microwave the frozen berries (or other fruit of your choice) until thawed. It only takes about a minute. Then spoon the fruit over the oats. I like to use blueberries and strawberries, but here I found a blend that also includes tart and sweet cherries.
Next, sprinkle the flaxseed, nuts, spices and sweetener (optional). It’s ready to enjoy! This meal is full of fiber, antioxidants and a bit of healthy fat.
Overnight Oats with Berries, Flax and Walnuts
- 1/2 cup rolled oats, organic/non GMO
- 1/2 cup unsweetened nut or soy milk (such as Almond Breeze Vanilla Almond Cashew Milk)
- 1 cup frozen mixed berries, thawed
- 1 tablespoon raw walnuts, chopped
- 1 tablespoon ground golden flaxseed
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated Stevia sweetener, such as Truvia
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
Pour the oats into a bowl and cover with the nut or soy milk. Cover and place in the refrigerator overnight.
In the morning, place some frozen fruit into a bowl and microwave for 1 minute, or until thawed. Pour the fruit over the oats. Add chopped nuts, flaxseed, sweetener and spices and stir to combine.